What is the difference between Employment and Self Employment?If you’ve been in employment for the last few years, ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you ever had other people actively competing against you for your wage packet, which might be less than National Minimum Wage?
- Have you ever had to rely on the phone to ring to earn money that day?
- Have you ever had a job pulled away from you with no notice whatsoever?
- Have you ever had an employer decide not to pay you this month, leaving you to send begging letters until they do?
- Have you ever had to do absolutely everything for your employer, from cleaning the toilets to making the strategic plans?
The harsh reality of being in business is that customers are very different from employers. If an employer was to do some of the things listed above, the best that they could hope for is some negative press attention – more likely, they might have an employment tribunal to attend. In business however, the above list is an example of the day-to-day issues that you might encounter.